MyTri encourage all ages to experience the open water and Capernwray Dive Centre is a great venue for an introduction to this fantastic sport.
1st June, 6th July, 3rd August, 7th September all 19:00 start. Distances vary depending on experience and ability.
We ask that all younger swimmers are supported by a responsible adult and at registration a consent form be signed ensuring that the young swimmer has previously been in open water (out of their depth) and that they have the correct equipment, wet suit, goggles and warm clothing for after the event.
MyTri will provide a swim hat which must be worn. Depending on water temperature it is advised that an extra hat is worn underneath.
Some considerations MyTri organisers will take before a young swimmer is accepted into the event.
Distance the swimmer is wanting to complete
Past experience of the swimmer
Weather on the day
Wet suit / non wet suit
Wet suit hire is available for young swimmers.
AquaSphere Rage 2015 is a comfortable wet suit enabling the young swimmer to have a great experience fun or competitive. The special Yamamoto material is designed to be warm, highly buoyant and flexible. No matter where they are in terms of skill, they’ll appreciate a high-quality suit made just for them.
- Quick-release transition panels for improved transitions.
- Easy-pull zipper at back for convenient on/off.
- Aqua Drive™ panel maximizes buoyancy to improve hydrodynamics.
- Aqua-Grip™ cuffs with Aqua-Flex™ collar helps seal out water.
- Thermo-Guard™ panel helps retain body heat.
- Super stretch Yamamoto 38 coated with SCS.
- Yamamoto material offers the optimum balance of flexibility, reducing drag and improving durability.
- 100% UV protection.